
Today is Friday, and it has been a really good, interesting day.
Mike is in Salt Lake with his dad and brother for a boy's weekend. George is picking out a well earned, high tech TV/Entertainment set. It's a self-gift for his retirement :) Sounds like he has settle on Blu-ray. Nice choice.
Today was my last day of work before the weekend (thank ya jesus!) and an old friend came in to drop off a larger tank for some turtles in the zoo area. We had a pretty bad fall out a little over a year ago. Today we made a long over due reconciliation and picked up right where we left off. It was as though we haven't skipped a beat. Even though this last year has made us much more mature and different adults, we retained that same old friendship. It is nice to have him back in my life. We were great friends through high school and in college, and I have missed having him around.
I finished (most of) my first bout of exams this semester. I stressed and stressed over my Anat & Phys exam and then when I went in to take the test it was incredibly easier than I thought. But I froze up on a question about the difference between two different types of functioning glands. The lab exam for that class turned out not too bad. On Tuesday we will find out the results. Ugh. And then my EMT-I exam yeilded very fruitful results- a 95%. I have nothing more to say about this. My history class has yet to administer it's exam. That will be opening up tomorrow and closing Tuesday night. I'm not super worried about it. Prof. Wallace gave us the 4 essay questions we could get one of. Even though we will only receive a single random pick of these 4 we are still supposed to write an essay for each one. That way we are ready when we get any of them. Good idea. Alot of work. These questions aren't easy breezy. They are complex, multi-compartmented, and you can tell they are coming from a PhD. That's what I am working on now. I got the first part of the first question done... and I needed a break! That ate up about 1.5 hours.
The weather today is getting rainy and dark. I love it. I can't help but want it to just rain already!! I'm so SICK of this putrid Nevada heat. I spent my entire summer everyday outside in the heat. Even in my off time and weekends I found myself always outside. I want the fall to be here. I get all excited and thrilled when there is a promise or even hint of rainy, grey weather. If my risidual tail was longer, it'd be wagging.
The picture up there is the kind of fall I am craving; that's in Lamoille, about 10 minutes from here. Beautiful, isn't it?




1 comment:
Lamoille is gorgeous! I wish I could have gone there the couple times I was in Elko. =) I love you Sarah!!
Post a Comment