I finally made it back to my hometown, and I must say it's pretty refreshing. I'm finally making some headway in my career/longterm goals. It's a lot of work, and I can't help be a little tired of the work that is ahead of me yet. I think I finally have locked into something I know I can, and want to do but will still leave my options open to do all of the things I want. I consistently go back and forth between EMS/Flight RN and elementary school teaching- most likely special education. I cannot make up my mind. I'm on the path for one, and am closerthanthis to getting into the program, so I have to make a decision before March 2009.
So otherwise things are going really well. I'm obsequiously happy for the return of fall. I hate summer. Well, I hate summer heat. I spent my entire summer working outside in the heat with kids- it was exhausting, but by far probably the best paid job I've ever had. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the pay, and I enjoyed getting to be a boss. And, it helped me decide that as much as I love kids, I don't want to run a child care program. I'm thrilled for the onset of the holiday season. Despite frigid Nevada temperatures the emotional and spiritual warmth really gets me. I plan on having one heck of a holiday season this year. The last two or three years haven't been very great. I think I might try getting involved in some holiday charities and volunterism this time around. Maybe they have sucked so bad because I've been kind of self centered and "too busy". I'm trying to be more compassionately humanist. Go me!
As many of you may know I had been dating a man for the last two years or so; and.... we are still together lol- not a big deal. We did just celebrate our two year anniversary, and I see many more on the horizon. Mike is doing pretty well, working for Elko County Ambulance, and Fire Department. He is currently exploring his options in higher levels of the EMS/Fire/ Law Enforcement careers. I'm pretty sure he'd be amazing at whatever he chooses, so- I'm not too worried.
My family has been doing well- besides some recurring heart problems and a recent invenomation, every body is alive and well. My mom finally got her bulldog, Molly. She hails from a (apparently) famous breeder in Las Vegas. She is flippin' adorable.
Until next time... :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment