Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Letting Love In




Last night Mike and I spent our time talking very candidly and freely- it was interesting. We haven't talked like that in a long time. We met up for dinner after one of my classes, and spent a good two hours sitting there talking and laughing. After that we decided to go swimming, and while we were sitting in the hot tub we started this little game of quiz questions about ourselves. We asked each other stuff about each other- just to see how much we knew about the other. It was insane- I didn't know someone knew me that well!! It carried on for some time.

I feel badly sometimes... I feel that I don't always trust and often doubt his ability to love me the way I am. I wonder how he can not want me to change this or that. If I were him I'd probably hate me.

At any rate I guess it just amazes me that someone can love me that much and not try to manipilate my feelings or how I am for his benefit. It's refreshing to share that little moment of romance because as time goes on all that sort of fades for comfort, peace, trust, and life. I am just so grateful that I can share my self with such an amazing man.

No comments: