Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Functioning

I just took the first of several exams in my EMT-I class, and it said I got a 77% for the first of three attempts. But when I looked at the test review for the answers I missed, all of them were correct. And to boot about 7 of the 39 questions were cut off and I couldn't see them. So if I did get them all right, I'm not going to be very happy if I have to settle with low grades just because the internet based testing is screwed up.

I also have two Bio 223 exams this week- a lab practical and a lecture quiz. Shouldn't be too bad since for Professor Ports all I have to do is memorize the answers to the questions, because he's not very inventive and just uses two or three review questions from each end of chapter quiz.

Obama is speaking in Elko tomorrow. I think I'm going to go. I definately cannot justify voting for McCain- no way no how. So I want to see what the other side has to say. It should be interesting; the 'Republican Party' of Elko is planning to protest and rally in the same vacinity while he is speaking. I don't find this very fair since we have the right to listen to any person we want as long as it is a peaceable assembly. And they would likewise be irritated if we showed up to their precious candidate's speech waving boards and being obnoxious. No respect. I guess I just never understood it- live and let live.

This past weekend was reviving. Some of the Ely EMS crew was up here for the Nevada State Rural EMS conference. Mike and I went and ate and hung out with them. They had a bowling tournament we got to go watch, it was very fun. I definately miss those people :)

Last night in class we had a practical lab for intravenous canuulation (IV's). My partner stuck my hand, missed the vein, got no flashback and continued to hook me up to the Saline. It went all into the surrounding tissues and my hand is on its way to being very bruised. It has gotten much more swollen and tender. LOL and then Mike's lab partener/pt passed out as he was practicing his IV skills. Hahahaha- men are such babies!

I am out of things to say, except that Season 3 of Sunny in Philadelphia is out on DVD.
I love you all, goodnight.

No comments: