Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I wanted to write a little something about all that I have to be grateful for. I'm pretty lucky all in all, even though I forget and often take things for granted. At the end of the day I have a warm, love filled place to rest my head. I have a wonderful man, and although our relationship isn't perfect I wouldn't trade Mike for any price. We have so much to look forward too. I've learned (these past few months) that home really is where your heart is. Being in Elko hasn't made me as happy as I thought it would. I have an education that is finally getting me of the ground and headed for a great career, and I am so glad that I will have opportunities in the very near future to get started with it I have a good family; yes it's crazy and sort of messy, but that keeps things spicy and keeps us striving to do better. We have a bulldog, too. That just about beats all!! I love that squat, portly, incessantly joyous puppy! I am also thankful that I have no challenges physically; I feel blessed to be able bodied. I am grateful that I have been able to serve my community and help people in the field that I am in, and for literally nothing in return. I'm grateful to live in America, where I can compete as a woman and make my dreams come true. I have the best friends in the world, and I love them dearly. They are always there for me, always a support system. They teach me so much by example, and I couldn't ask for more in friends.
Mike is home from his vacation Ely. It was only almost 6 days. But it felt like forever!! I don't think I've been so glad for him to be home and be around in a long while. I can't wait to spend my Thanksgiving with him. I'm not sure why it's such a huge deal to me, other than I just love him. There's magic in spending holidays with your soul mate :) I'm one damn lucky person to say that he is my man. God. I just can't even think of words that mean enough to express how glad, blessed, thankful... (no words!!) to know that we are one, and I won't ever have to walk through this life alone. Because half the journey is in your companionship. And I got the best companion I could ever get.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment