I had a very interesting weekend. My best friend Julia came to visit with her friend Ashley, and it was kind of miserable. Ashley is just finishing up with her divorce and consequently all that happened this weekend was to cater to her, keep her entertained, her her her! Julia and I didn't spend time together for more than maybe one hour, and that was last night. I understand that she's going through a hard time, but that never warants being straight up rude and self centered. All she kept saying was "waaa... I have cabin fever... I'm so bored. This sucks." and wanting to go spend money doing things that Julia and I don't have money to do right this second! I was not happy. I was very frustrated. All in all I just decided that this Ashely girl is 23, and she is plenty old enough to take care of her self and entertain herself, and is old enough to mind her manners and not put Julia in a compromising situation. I have my own personal ideas about why and how Ashley did what she did this weekend, but I'm not going into detail here. All I can say is that it really isn't our place to essentially stalk her ex-husband to find out what he's doing. And it isn't her place to tell me that I can't love on my man or be sweet to him when she's around because: "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but... I want that and I can't have it, so please don't be affectionate in front of me." What I was thinking was:This is my house, I invited you here, don't you dare to try to tell me what I can and can't do. Get over it.
Mike had a similiar experience with his brother Matt, and our 'friend' Nick. So we made a deal that if we have company we won't let them bring any guests with them that we don't know or like. Which makes it easier for everyone involved.
I'm pretty much just glad the weekend is over and we are back to normal life. I'm happy to be alone with Mike again and not being busy playing mommy to a 23 year old whiner.
I miss Julia, and I wish we could have been able to hang out; but I'll probably go see her next month. I'll live. We've spent the majority of our long friendship apart, so I'm pretty sure we'll survive.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment