Monday, November 17, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts

Monday. Yuck.

Over the weekend I went and saw the new James Bond 007 Quantum of Solace. It was pretty good. Most everyone who went with us though didn't like it. I like it because it's more believable. He isn't too slick or perfect just yet- but these newer Bond movies are about his early days before he became the all powerful 007 agent. All in all I thought it was good.

Mike has a job interview tomorrow. I really hope it works out. I am praying he gets it because it would not be very good if he didn't. Not feeling productive makes it easier for people to just give up. I've definately been there. The upside is infinitely great, but the down side is that he wouldn't get to go home for Thanksgiving this year :( I know how it is to miss holidays with your family. It's certainly not fun. Especially since they had planned to drive down to Las Vegas as a family for their Christmas shopping. Growing up is a total pain. Last year I missed Christmas in Spring Creek because I had to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas Day. He's down about it. If infact he doesn't get to go home. But on the other hand that's just part of growing up. He is almost 22 and if his career goals start picking up in the next year or two chances are he may not be able to be home then either. I just tried to reassure him that it'll be okay, and that yeah, it is disappointing, but on the positive side he can spend it with me! We've never spent a holiday together. Well, we had Christmas Day dinner together last year, but that was it. So I think either way he'll be fine :) I'll make sure his holiday is perfect and stress free if he can't be with his real family. I think I owe him that much. He is up here in Elko for/with me.

1 comment:

elkojohn said...

Nice post, keep the faith.