Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today

I really could not sleep last night. I kept having nightmare after nightmare... it was weird. I haven't really had nightmares like that in a couple years. I don't really want to talk about it. They were pretty scary and... depressing.

Well. Saturday night/ Sunday morning come 12:00 a.m. I'll be officially 21. A couple of my friends want to get dolled up and take me out to a few bars, then... who knows. I don't think I'd mind that... but no skanky places where I might get shanked lol!! I'd be all for going and getting a bottle of champagne and toasting at home too, and watching something out of the ordinary.

I just don't want to go out late at night without my strong man to protect me.

But I haven't made up my mind yet.

This weekend has gotten off to an interesting start.
I went to lunch by myself at this sushi place; and an ex-"lover" of mine was seated just slightly behind and adjacent to me. He came and sat with me when he was on his way out. We talked for a while. It's interesting to see how our lives have really evolved; we keep bumping into each other. Even though it wasn't all that serious it's still nice to know he's doing alright. He's definately grown up since we were together. I don't love-care for him, but as a human, as an adult, I guess I do care that people aren't miserable. My friend, who works there, came and talked to me, too. We were laughing pretty hard about the class we have together and our instructor who is OBSESSED with Bassett Hounds. So it wasn't too bad.

I'm looking forward to the homemade beer Ben makes- he promised he'd bring me a bottle today before our biology lab. Otherwise that's really all I have to look forward to today. Tomorrow I'm working, and then free as a bird; I might catch a movie. Or a nap. Or up on housework and laundry. Well... I best be going. I'm going to go home, grab a hot meal, then go to class til all hours of the night. YA!

No comments: