Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Birthday Season

As October is slowly drawing to a close things have leveled out. It's been sweet to have a slow paced, nostalgic feeling hanging around my life. Home life has been nice; Mike & I have just been palling around, working on school.

My Birthday is this weekend. The big 21. I can't believe how old I'm getting hahahaha! Oh well. Who knows when I'll die, so who's to say what age is old? Mike will be out of town in Ely visiting family. So I'll mostly be by myself. He says he'll back in the evening on my birthday. I'm not 3, but it's still disappointing that he won't be there. I haven't made any plans yet. I think at midnight on saturday/sunday I'll go buy myself some champagne and toast to myself! Definately going to watch The Office this weekend, and do laundry. I'm sure my family will want to have me out for a birthday dinner, and drinks- my Dad has been banging on about all these amazing drinks he makes, so I'm looking forward to trying them. Although I'm not much into drinking. I actually think I'm most excited about getting a new driver's license hahahaha! I guess I just don't look forward to my birthday. At least I haven't in the last 3 or 4 years. I don't know if that's sad, but... I guess it's just that everyone always has other plans or limited time to spend with me- and it never turns out like I'd like to. I suppose that's part of being an adult; exciting? Not so much.

School is okay- busy busy boring. My EMS class is getting tough just because it's crunching down to testing time, and we haven't practice IV's or Endotracheal Intubation but once. Bio I need to study about two hours more a week so I can get A's, and History is great.

We are having a Halloween Party on the 31st, Mike's brother, Matt, is coming up, and my friend Julia is coming, and bringing Ashley with her. So it will be a cozy cottage, but definately fun! And relaxing.

I went and voted yesterday. My first election/voting experience ever! It was exciting; This election is extremely historic, and holds an incredible resemblance to the FDR election in 1932. Who ever is elected will have the same challenges of dealing with/fixing the U.S. economy, and creating jobs and energy for the middle class, the driving, working force in America. I don't think there's ever been an African American who has run so successfully for President, and I certainly haven't ever gotten this involved in election season. I've seen Barack Obama live here in Elko, on his 3rd visit here, I heard Bill Clinton speak here at Great Basin College yesterday, I watched all the presidential debates, everything. It's been pretty exhilirating. About 2 weeks and the fate of America will be changed for 4 more years. Thank God for that; We certainly need a change.

No comments: